Welcome To Kids Creek
Seated L to R: Michael Eldredge, MD; Cathy Carter, CPNP; Karen Wagner, CPNP
Standing L to R: Cynthia Smith, MD; Tina Smith, MD
Kids Creek Children's Clinic has been serving the families of the Grand Traverse region since 1961. Though the faces have changed over the years, our mission has remained the same. Simply put, we care for our community's healthcare needs one child at a time.
At Kids Creek Children's Clinic, we are proud to offer comprehensive health care that centers on a child’s physical, emotional, and developmental well being. Our compassionate and experienced providers are all Board Certified in the specialty of Pediatrics and serve patients from infancy through early adulthood. Our entire staff welcomes the opportunity to support families as they provide healthy environments in which children can thrive as they grow.
We are pleased to offer families appointments with the provider of their choice. Call 935-055 for your visit today!
KIDS CREEK CHILDREN'S CLINIC WELCOMES
DR. JAMES ROBERTSON
Dr. Robertson is a 1995 graduate of Michigan State University’s College of Human Medicine. He completed his residency in pediatrics at the Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and is board certified in pediatrics. Dr. Robertson loves treating children of all ages, with special interests in asthma, sports-related injuries, attention deficit disorder, and general well-child and newborn care. He and his wife, Amy, have 4 children. He is on the Traverse City Little League Board of Directors and coaches baseball, basketball, and soccer in his free time.
Dr. Robertson will be available for patient appointments beginning March 1st. Call today to schedule your appointment with Dr. Robertson or the Kids Creek Children's Clinic provider of your choice.
New office consent for treatment policy
In order for our clinic to deliver the best quality healthcare to your children under the age of 18, we are implementing a new policy regarding consent and access to care. Please take a moment to read it here.
NEW KINDERGARTEN ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
A recently enacted Michigan law amended the Revised School Code (MCL 380.1147), which changed the minimum age requirement for a child enrolling in kindergarten. Currently, a student must be five years old by December 1st to be eligible for enrollment to kindergarten. New legislation will change the “cut‐off” date and will be gradually phased‐in over three years; changing the requirement by one month each year. The changes will be implemented in the following manner:
- For the 2013‐2014 school year, children must be five years old by November 1st.
- For the 2014‐2015 school year, children must be five years old by October 1st.
- For the 2015‐2016 school year (and beyond), children must be five years old by September 1st.
Parent Waiver Option
If the child is not eligible for enrollment per the guidelines specified above and will be five years old by December 1st, the child’s parent or legal guardian can apply for a waiver to enroll their student in school. Waiver deadlines and other information are as follows:
- If the child resides in the school district, the waiver must be submitted to the school district no later than June 1st before the beginning of the school year.
- If the child becomes a resident of the school district after June 1st, the waiver must be submitted to the school district no later than August 1st before the beginning of the school year.
- When in receipt of a waiver, districts can make recommendations to the child’s parent or legal guardian, as to the child’s readiness for school, and whether or not the child should be enrolled early.
- Regardless of a district’s recommendation, the parent or legal guardian retains the sole discretion to enroll their child.
For additional information, please contact your local school district.
We are very pleased that you have chosen to visit our website. Browse and find helpful tools, resources, and information that will assist you in caring for your children's healthcare needs, as well as familiarizing you with KIds Creek Children's Clinic and what we have to offer. We are proud of our dedicated team of professionals. Whether it is a simple question or a serious illness, we are here and eager to help you meet the needs of your children. Please take a tour of the website and feel free to call and visit our office so that we may get to know each other.