Thank you for choosing Kids Creek Children's Clinic as your child's medical home, where we endeavor to provide a comfortable, caring environment so our patients and their families can feel at ease. To that end, we have included helpful items on this page to ensure that your child's first trip to our office is as pleasant, productive, and stress-free as possible
Our mission is help each child reach his or her optimal level of health and well being through building life-long relationships with our patients, consistently providing compassionate care of the highest quality and excellence, as well as cost effectiveness and value. To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Treating each person with dignity, respect and compassion.
- Listening to our young patients and their families and valuing what they have to say.
- Achieving a path of optimal health and wellness in partnership with child and family.
- Continually pursuing excellence at all levels through continuing education.
Kids Creek Children’s Clinic New Patient Check List
The following is a list of information that we will need prior to scheduling you for a new patient visit.
- Your child’s immunization record if their immunizations were given outside of the state of Michigan. Immunizations given in the state of Michigan are available to us on the Michigan Care Improvement Registry.
- A copy of your child’s last Well Child Check or Physical. If your child has an extensive health history or is on daily prescription medications, we will need records from your last Healthcare Provider.
- A copy of your insurance card (front and back).
- Change your Primary Care Provider to a physician in our practice if you have Priority Health, Blue Care Network, or Medicaid.
- A completed Patient Registration form, which you may download and complete from our website.
- A completed Patient and Family History form, which you may download and complete from our website.
Once you have completed the checklist, you may email this paperwork to us at [email protected], drop it off, or mail it to us. As soon as we have received all the above, we will contact you to get you established with our practice. Thank you for your interest in becoming part of our Kids Creek family.
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
We hope that your first visit with our office will be the beginning of a close and meaningful long term relationship. Watching children grow and develop through the years is what makes our work so rewarding. Our pediatricians and pediatric nurse practitioners, as well as the rest of our staff, are here because we love working with children and their families.
A first visit with a new office, and meeting new people might create apprehension, but we hope that our website, with the information and pictures it contains, will help to make this initial visit a positive, enjoyable experience.
Families and their children receive care at Kids Creek Children’s Clinic by appointment only. Please call our office and speak with a member of our scheduling staff, who will be happy to help you arrange a visit for your child.
During most days of the year, we have time reserved for same day appointments addressing acute illnesses (i.e.: colds, earaches, sore throats, vomiting, or injuries). We encourage families with a sick child to call as early as possible to schedule a same day appointment. Each child that is ill will need to have an appointment scheduled in order for a provider to see them. Less acute issues, including ongoing or chronic problems, will be scheduled as promptly as possible.
Well child care and physical exam appointments
Routine physical appointments need to be scheduled in advance. Our staff will do it’s best to accommodate your choice of provider for these visits. Please bring your child’s immunization card and any school, sport, camp, or daycare forms with you to this appointment. We may have some of these forms at our office. As part of your child’s physical, we will monitor growth, development and nutritional status, as well as provide you with advice on safety and wellness. Routine well child exams are recommended according to the following schedule.
Recommended Well Child Appointment Schedule
|1 month||Physical Exam|
|2 months||DTaP, IPV, Prevnar, Hib, Hep B, Rotateq||Physical Exam|
|4 months||DTaP, IPV, Prevnar, Hib, Rotateq||Physical Exam|
|6 months||DTaP, IPV, Prevnar, Hib, Hep B, Rotateq||Physical Exam|
|9 months||Physical Exam
Hemoglobin (anemia screen)
|12 months||MMR, Varicella, Prevnar, Hep A||Physical Exam|
|15 months||DTaP, Hib||Physical Exam|
|18 months||Hep A||Physical Exam
Hemoglobin (anemia screen)
|2 years||Physical Exam|
|3 years||Physical Exam, BP|
|4-6 years (Annually)||DTaP, MMR, Varicella, IPV||Physical Exam, BP, Vision|
|7-10 years (Annually)||Physical Exam, BP, Vision, Lipid Testing|
|11 years||Tdap, Meningococcal, HPV||Physical Exam, BP, Vision, Lipid Testing|
|12-21 Years (Annually)||Meningococcal, Meningococcal B||Physical Exam, BP, Vision
Hemoglobin (Females), Lipid Testing, Urinalysis